Secondary functions

I just got my Nebulae V2. I think I am inadvertently getting into the secondary functions section. How can I tell if I am in the secondary functions section and how can I get back to the main part of the unit?

Hey, there is also a ā€œNebulae V2 Cheatsheetā€ on the forum, but for your special question:

You enter the secondary-controls by holding down ā€œSourceā€ and while doing so, turning any of the knobs. As soon as you release source, your controls are aiming at the primary functions of the instrument loaded.

If you, for example by accident, have edited on the secondary layer and just want to revert:
ā†’ Hold ā€œSourceā€ and press the ā€œPitch-Encoderā€. This will reset the settings.

If by any means you donā€™t mean the secondary functions and instead mean the alternative firmwares: A new Nebulae V2 comes equipped with certain firmwares in the order that the ā€œGranular Instrumentā€ is the first one.

If so: you hold the ā€œSpeed-Encoderā€ for around 2 seconds (until the buttonlights start flashing) and after releasing it, you choose one of the buttons (in standard, the Granular Instrument should be associated to the Rec-Button), press that button and afterwards confirm your choice by pushing the Speed-Encoder once more. ā†’ Your unit will load the chosen Instrument.

Hope this helps and good luck!

1 Like

Just to add to excellent description of The_Monotonist, long pressing Source (> 1 sec) will ā€˜saveā€™ the secondary control values between power cycles. Now this is not very obvious because you access the secondary controls by long pressing Source, but it might effect the last set secondary control.

At least it saves/remembers the selected file from the USB drive this wayā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes