Prism - chorus & flanging?

Hi. I have just signed up to the forum. I have a Data Bender which I purchased a few months ago. It’s taken me a while to wrap my head around but I have found it really inspiring and fun to play with.

I am interested in purchasing a Qu-Bit Prism. I have watched all of the youtube reviews and demo’s and the Prism seems right down my alley.

What I haven’t been able to determine is whether Prism will do chorus and/or flanging when ‘Time’ is modulated?

I am also interested to hear how the combination ‘Comb’ knob with combined wet/dry and feedback works in practice?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

All the best.

1 Like

Another question:

Does the filter always have to be routed after the delay or is there away to route it before the delay with a button combo et.al.?

SSF tryptich (which is a direct competitor to Qu-Bit Prism) can do Flanging but not chorus. It also haa more routing options.

I like the sound of Prism more.

Bump.

First time using forum, not sure if no reply is because not many people own Prism?

Hey @abortivechronicles, welcome to the forum and apologies for the late reply!

1. Prism can definitely flange/phase, but chorusing is a bit more difficult due to the comb filter architecture. Our latest release, Nautilus, can do some very nice chorusing at the upper delay frequencies.

2. The Comb knob on Prism affects both the the dry/wet signal for the Comb filter, as well as the comb delay feedback. It’s a sort of combo adjustment knob for the comb filter. The Time knob affects the comb delay’s frequency.

Let me know if this helps, and if you have any more questions!

1 Like