Classic Dub Stab with Nautilus?

Hello- so I am running my 4MS Ensemble Oscillator into Nautilus, and I was trying to get that classic Dub Chord stab delay with my clock being PNW. I was wondering if anyone had any good patch notes for this kind of delay since my results have not been great.

1 Like

Hi kbowman016, and thanks for your question. It’s good to have you here.

In this example, we’re sending Chord through Cascade for env/vca duties, and then into Prism for some filtering before we hit Nautilus.
On Nautilus, with Sensors and Dispersal all the way down, I have a dotted 1/8th note division doing the dub magic with feedback set to taste.
You can hear that we’re tweaking the resolution, and the filter types throughout; from lowpass to highpass to show you the different options.

And of course, the sky is the limit in ways to expand the delay, with things like compressors, flangers, and effects sends.

Speaking of sends, we’re using Mixology to utilize control of what chord stabs hit the delay lines, a classic dub technique.
Hope some of this helps.

And please let us know if this example is what you’re looking for!
Thanks again for your question. I’m sure you’re not the only one wanting to get their dub on.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and providing a patch sheet and audio sample! This sounds awesome, and I can’t wait to try it. I have a Mixology, and I love it (although, truth be told, having two Aux sends would have made it a perfect mixer for me!) When you say control what stabs hit the delay, I assume you are talking about a random or timed gate that opens the send on the channel of Mixology?

Thanks again for your help!