Bloom not taking clock input

HI. I’m trying to clock Bloom from Pams but it won’t take any tempo information. It just sits there at the same tempo like a stubborn mule. Any ideas? Am I fundamentally missing the point of clock-in on this module?

Check that your click rate knob is all the way CCW. The external Clock is ignored otherwise. :disappointed:

Amazing. Such little things!

While you’re here, any idea why the shift+reset function doesn’t reset the sequence? Tried it so many times on each channel and still it plays what it wants. Path, branches and mutation are all fully CCW so shouldn’t be affecting anything. I’ve also tried to manually tune each note to the same root but still it plays different notes! I love this module when it works but I’m tearing my hair out trying to understand it even with basic steps. Read the manual and the forums but jeez this is hard work!

No idea about that one… i know the reset Jack works. I usually wire up clock and reset to Pam’s when I am looking for a consistent beginning…

No probs. It’s not a consistent beginning to a pattern I’m looking for. It’s how to programme a sequence with a specific set of notes (that would then be a starting point for ‘branching’ out) but it simply runs away with a mind of it’s own. Even on a major scale with each note tuned roof / fifth across an 8 step pattern. Bah…

@russgrooms: While you’re here, any idea why the shift+reset function doesn’t reset the sequence? Tried it so many times on each channel and still it plays what it wants. Path, branches and mutation are all fully CCW so shouldn’t be affecting anything. I’ve also tried to manually tune each note to the same root but still it plays different notes! I love this module when it works but I’m tearing my hair out trying to understand it even with basic steps. Read the manual and the forums but jeez this is hard work!

I’ve had similar issues. Try exercising the paths/branches/mutate knobs and then put them back to full CCW then do the shift+reset. They all remember the last spot they were at when powering down (in my experience) or changing channels so you may have to “catch” those spots with the knob. That’s worked for me

Hi, I got my external clock from the hexinverter Mutantbrain and unfortunately Bloom doesn’t receive the clock. Could it be that the tension here is not enough? Bloom receives the trigger signals from other modules, but not from the Mutantbrain.

1 Like

Hey @Dauna, welcome to the forum! You will want to make sure your Mutant Brain channel output is set to “gate” instead of “trigger” for Bloom. Bloom looks for a 5-6ms gate length, and some trigger signals can be shorter than that (1-3ms).

Hi, thank you so much. I’ve noticed that I have to set the legth of the trigger to minimum 10ms to let Bloom receive the signal.
Now it’s working and I am happy.

1 Like